Funding Round Focus
The new UK Aid Match funding round is now open.
The focus of UK Aid Match will be to:
- support the achievement of the Global Goals for Sustainable Development through financing civil society projects
- provide opportunities for the UK public to engage with international development issues and have a say in how a portion of the international development budget is spent.
UK Aid Match will match fund public donations to appeals for projects to reduce poverty in DFID’s eligible countries.
Applications will be particularly welcomed on:
- Women’s empowerment
- Youth/youth employment
- Ending modern slavery
- Girls’ education
- Oceans and plastics
Applications containing an element of innovation and technology for development across all themes will also be particularly encouraged.
All applications must demonstrate a link between the subject area and a clear developmental outcome for vulnerable and marginalised people.
Applications will need to include both a project proposal on how the funding will be spent and a communications appeal proposal on how the fundraising aspect of the funding will be raised and how the project will be communicated to the UK public.
If the application is successful DFID will match all eligible donations from the public from your organisation’s appeal:
- Over an agreed appeal period of up to 3 months
- Up to a maximum of £2 million, subject to due diligence assessment
The funding round is a 2-stage process.
- Concept notes can be submitted between 30 April and 25 May 2018
- Successful applicants from the concept note stage will be invited to submit a full application between 2 July and 27 July 2018
- Applicants will be informed of the outcomes by mid-October, with successful applicants then undergoing due diligence
- Applicants should expect an appeal starting date from the beginning of December 2018
Click here for more information on development of the project proposal concept notes and full applications.