The aim of UK Aid Match is to:
- support civil society to deliver solutions to achieve sustained poverty reduction and to achieve the Global Goals for Sustainable Development
- to provide opportunities for the UK public to engage with international development issues and have a say in how a portion of the international development budget is spent.
UK Aid Match focuses on reaching the most vulnerable and marginalised populations, in particular girls and women, to ‘leave no one behind’.
The priorities of UK Aid Match reflect the UK Department for International Development (DFID)’s wider strategic objectives:
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crisis
- Promoting global prosperity
- Tackling extreme poverty and helping the world’s most vulnerable